If you know what is causing the mold, then you have the information you need to get rid of the mold.

Mold is the product of moisture, heat, and a food source.  If you remove any one of those three ingredients, your mold will go away as well.

There are many ways to get the moisture level down in your house; keep your home’s humidity level between 35-55% (buy a hydrometer to check your home’s humidity), use your bathroom vent fans faithfully, make sure your other vents (your dryer vent for example) are vented to the outside and clean, and use your new a/c system to help control your humidity are just a few.

Also, try to clean and dry any damp or wet building materials within 24-48 hours.  The trick to cleaning mold off of surfaces is to know the background of that surface.  For example, surfaces that have at one time been a living entity - such as wood, paper, drywall (paper cover), trees, on those items use hydrogen peroxide.  That's right - no bleach for them.  Bleach will give the appearance of killing but will in fact break down the spores and spread them around making - just what you need - more mold.

Things that have not a life span - like rocks and tile and my mom's meat loaf, you can use bleach on them with no problem.

Also, and this is important, if you have a crawlspace make sure you take preventative measures.  Crawlspaces are a h-u-g-e source of humidity in your home.  Make sure you have at least 6 mil plastic covering the floor of your crawl and put some floor insulation in your floor above it while you are down there.

If you are really serious about your crawlspace you can have a professional encapsulate it.  That will include a minimum 20 mil plastic on the floors and walls and an added dehumidifier.  It’s a bit expensive, but it will turn your crawlspace from your humidity enemy to your friend.

Know that there is no way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the easiest way to control mold is to control moisture.