I know, it’s easy – you flick a lighter and light the fuse. What could possibly go wrong?
So just humor me. Read this. Please. Your pinky finger may thank you some day.
Here are some fireworks safety suggestions:
- Purchase fireworks from a licensed fireworks dealer.
- Observe all state laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Read the labels carefully before igniting any fireworks
- Ensure that an adult supervises all firework activities.
- Never allow children to ignite fireworks.
- Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
- If you are lighting them by hand, light only one fireworks at a time.
- Only use fireworks outdoors, in a clear area, away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never try to relight a firework.
- Your hand is not a launching device for fireworks. Launch from approved and recommended platforms only.
- Have a garden hose or bucket of water nearby.
- Use caution with animals. Excitement, noise and lights can cause fear and stress.
- This should go without saying but I will say it anyway – do not drink and light fireworks.
- Re-read the above suggestion.
Not sure what the laws governing the use of fireworks in your state or county are? Contact your local fire department. They will fill you in with all the details.
Have a safe and happy Fourth!