Getting a real tree this year? Here are 5 Things you should do…
- Make sure you get the freshest tree possible. Brittle needles is an indication that your tree is dry.
- When you get the tree home cut off another 1/2" of the trunk. The fresh cut will allow the tree to take in more water.
- When you set up your tree make sure it is away from heating vents, fireplaces, radiators, and electrical outlets.
- Take the time to balance your tree in the stand, and make sure your tree stand is secure and stable.
- Give your thirsty tree a lot of water, re-fill it daily if you have to. There are also a lot of preservatives out there to help keep it green. (Grandma Baker always put 2 aspirin in the water. Not sure why. Not sure if ibuprofen works.)