5 Things you can do to save money on your heating bill…
- Clean your furnace and change your filters. Clean systems run much more efficiently than dirty one. Find your filter and change it.
- Use your ceiling fan. Reversing the direction of your fans in the winter will help circulate warm air through your house.
- Keep your shades up and your blinds open during the day. Take advantage of that natural daylight and solar heating to add warmth to your home.
- Install and use a programmable thermostat. Use it to lower the temperature of your house when you are away and/or sleeping. Good news here - it's not the hardest DIY project on the market. You can do it!
- Update your insulation. I bet you need to. No really, your insulation needs work. Yes you. Insulation. Work. Blow in some new or get foam insulation, saves you money year 'round.
BONUS - Turn it off. If you aren't using it, shut it down.